A Nursing school is an educational institution which educates their prospective candidates in health care and nursing. Nursing has witnessed much advancement and is now highly recommended across the United States. Nursing as of now is a highly coveted profession which ensures job security.
A few Nursing Schools across the US
- University of California –Los Angeles
- University of Texas- Austin
- Bellevue – College of Nursing
- John Hopkins University
Enrolling into Nursing Schools
A college diploma is required to purse a career in nursing in US. An aspiring candidate may enroll in nursing schools which provide balanced education in any of the certified courses. Education from a board certified college increases one’s chances in landing a satisfying job. Nursing colleges should educate candidates both on the theoretical and practical aspects of nursing. For an elaborate list of nursing schools and colleges and extended support visit: www.nursingschoolspro.com.
Points to Keep in Mind
- Select a school that complies with your prerequisites.
- It should be easily accessible and offer the specialty of your interest.
- Choose a school which provides online classes.
- Check the schools pass rate.
- Lastly, their practice schedules.
Degrees Awarded in Nursing Schools
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor/ baccalaureate of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing
Licensing and Practice
The need for nursing schools is justified by the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX –RN/PN) which enlists a registered nurse or a practical nurse as applicable. Nurses need to clear this exam to start practicing in a health care center. This is the reason they need to attend nursing schools. Get the state wise information on the nursing schools available today.